Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soooo,the Tuesday blood ritual went OK - she had to look for a bit to find a vein though - but as least she looked before she starting stickin me. Twice a week for another 12 or 13 weeks...... hmmmm veins are going to be verrrry scarce - I imagine the port will come in handy then. I suppose too many blood donations over the last 35 years - messed up alot of veins.
Radiation treatments are just long enough to get comfortable, but not quite long enough to get in a nap. Yeah, I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere.
New routines - I've been shooting a can of super high calorie Carnation Instant Breakfast in my feeding tube every morning - having the tube sucks, but at least I don't have to drink that crap - I've mixed it with just about everything imaginable, I can get it so it's drinkable, but just barely. I'm glad that I'm able to eat almost normally and taking advantage of it while I can.

2 comments:

  1. In case you are interested ... Special K makes protein shakes that are pretty tasty. I have them for breakfast often ... vanilla is my fave flavor, and they have chocolate and strawberry, too. I also enjoued Ensure shakes when I was doing chemo ... again, vanilla was my fave flavor.

    Keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say a Guinness every now and again would do more good than bad...
    I can hook you up! Just say the word!

    ReplyDelete