Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doc said I responded to the treatments very, very well, and he's extremely pleased. The combination of chemo and radiation have done the trick. Now the clean-up part begins.
So anyway.......... surgery in a few weeks - when the effects of radiation have waned. They'll remove the upper part of my stomach and a good portion of my esophagus, then pull my stomach up to meet the upper part of my esophagus, slap a hose clamp on it, and I'll be good to go.
Hmm pretty extensive stuff - 2 surgeons, a stomach guy and a chest guy - week in the hospital after, then probably a month recovery at home... I'm NOT lookin forward to that, but I'll deal with it the best I can.
The end is in sight.........

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Excellent news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news!! Surgery and recovery won't be a ball of fun, but you continue to have the best attitude and that's more than half the battle in my opinion! Keep smiling and keep updating us when you have time ... praying for and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete